Information about the collection of personal data
(1) The following provides you with information about the collection of personal data when you use our website
Personal data are all data that relate to you personally, e.g. name, address, email address, user behaviour.
(2) The controller underArticle 4(7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Managing Directors: Pascal van Delst, Dr Robert Seidel
Finance Committee: Eduardus van de Wijngaart
Sasbacher Str. 5
Tel: +49 761 88865852
Fax: +49 761 88868246
(3) If you contact us by email or using the contact form, we store the data you transmit (your email address and where applicable your name and telephone number) in order to answer your questions. We erase the data generated in this context once storage is no longer necessary, or restrict its processing if there are legal obligations to store the data.
(4) Where we use contracted service providers for certain functions within our website or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you about the specific processes in detail below. We will also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
(1) You have the right to:
- access your personal data processed by us, pursuant to Article 15 GDPR. In particular, you can request information about the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged storage period, the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or to object to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data where these were not collected by us, as well as about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information about their details;
- obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data or the completion of your personal data stored with us, pursuant to Article 16 GDPR;
- obtain the erasure of your personal data stored with us, pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, unless processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- obtain restriction of processing of your personal data, pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, if the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful, but you oppose their erasure and we no longer need your data, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or have the right to transmit those data to another controller, pursuant to Article 20 GDPR;
- at any time withdraw your consent once given pursuant to Article 7(3) GDPR. This results in our, in future, no longer being able to continue the data processing which was based on this consent, and
- the lodging of a complaint with a supervisory authority, pursuant to Article 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority for your habitual residence.
(2) Right to object
If your personal data are processed on the grounds of legitimate interests pursuant to point (f) of Article 6(1) sentence 1 GDPR, you have the right pursuant to Article 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data to the extent grounds exist relating to your particular situation or the objection is related to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which is implemented by us without the specification of a particular situation.
Should you wish to exercise your right to object or right of withdrawal, you need only send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Collection of personal data upon a visit to our website
If you only use our website for informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you would like to view our website, we collect the following data that are technically necessary for us to be able to display our website and ensure stability and security (legal basis is point (f) of Article 6(1) sentence 1 GDPR):
- IP address
- Data and time of the enquiry
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status /HTTP status code
- Volume of data transmitted in each case
- Requesting website
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
When using our contact form
(1) If you have any questions of whatever kind, you can contact us using a form provided on our website. If you use the form, a valid email address must be provided so that we know the source of the request and are able to answer it. Other information can be provided on a voluntary basis. Data processing for the purposes of contacting us is done based on your consent freely given under point (a) of Article 6(1) sentence 1 GDPR.
(2) The personal data we collect for the use of the contact form are erased automatically once the enquiry you send has been handled.
Sharing of data
Your personal data is not transmitted to third parties for any purposes other than those stated below.
We only transmit your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent pursuant to point (a) of Article 6(1) sentence 1 GDPR,
- the transmission pursuant to point (f) of Article 6(1) sentence 1 GDPR is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in the data not being transmitted,
- there is a legal obligation to transmit the data under point (c) of Article 6(1) sentence 1 GDPR, and
- this is legally permitted and necessary pursuant to point (b) of Article 6(1) sentence 1 GDPR for the processing of contractual relations with you.
(2) The cookie stores information that is generated in connection with the specific device used. However, this does not mean that we directly receive information about your identity as a result.
(3) Cookies serve to make it easier for you to use our website. We use so-called session cookies to recognise that you have already visited individual pages of our website. These are automatically erased once you leave our website.
(4) We also use temporary cookies to make everything as user-friendly as possible. These are stored on your device for a set period of time. If you visit our website again to use our services, the cookies automatically recognise that you have already visited us and which entries and settings you made so you do not have to re-enter them.
(5) We also place cookies in order to collect statistics on the use of our website and for the purposes of improving our website for you. These cookies allow us to automatically recognise that you have already visited our website if you visit us again. These cookies are automatically erased after a defined period of time.
(6) The data processed by cookies are necessary for the specified purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party pursuant to point (f) of Article 6 (1) sentence 1 GDPR.
(7) Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or that a notice always appears before a new cookie is placed. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may result in your being unable to use the full functionality of our website.
Use of blog functions
(1) You can post public comments on our blog, where we publish various articles on different topics relating to our activities. Your comment is published with your given username on the post. We recommend using a pseudonym instead of your real name.
(2) Usernames and email address must be provided, all other information is voluntary. If you post a comment, we will continue to store your IP address, which we will erase after one week. Storage is necessary for us so that we can defend ourselves against liability claims in cases of the potential publication of illegal content. We require your e-mail address in order to contact you if a third party reports objects to your comment as illegal. The legal bases are points (b) and (f) of Article 6(1) sentence 1 GDPR.
(3) The comments are not checked before they are published. We reserve the right to erase comments if they are objected to by third parties as illegal.
Analysis and tracking tools
The following tracking measures are used by us and implemented based on point (f) of Article 6(1) sentence 1 GDPR. We use the tracking measures to ensure that the website is designed to meet your requirements and is continuously improved. We also use tracking measures to collect statistics on the use of our website and for the purposes of improving our website for you. These interests are to be considered legitimate within the meaning of the provision above.
The data processing purposes and data categories can be taken from the relevant tracking tools.
Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files which are placed on your computer to help the website analyse how you use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website will generally be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. If IP anonymisation is activated on this website, Google will first abbreviate your IP address within Member States of the European Union or in another signatory to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there. Google uses this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purposes of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports about website activity and providing other services relating to website use and internet use to the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted from your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be combined with other Google data.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings of your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. You can also prevent Google’s collection and processing of the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
As an alternative to the browser add-on, particularly with browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following button. Klicken Sie auf den unteren Button, um das Tracking von Google Analytics abzustellen. Opt-out von Google Analytics erfolgreich.
Klicken Sie auf den unteren Button, um das Tracking von Google Analytics abzustellen.
Opt-out von Google Analytics erfolgreich.
An opt-out cookie is placed on your computer, which prevents the collection of data when you visit our website in the future. The opt-out cookie only applies to this browser and only to our website and is stored on your device. If you erase the cookies on this browser, it must be replaced.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This ensures that IP addresses are processed in abbreviated form and any linkage of this to a particular individual is excluded. If the data collected about you create a link to you personally, this is immediately excluded and the personal data are erased without delay.
(5) We use Google Analytics to enable us to evaluate the use of our website and regularly improve it. We can use the collected statistics to improve our website and make it more interesting for you as a user. For exceptional cases in which personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is point (f) of Article 6(1) sentence 1 GDPR.
(6) Information about third-party providers:
Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Google AdWords Conversion Tracking
(1) We use Google AdWords to draw attention to our attractive offers using adverts (so-called Google AdWords) on external websites. We can use the advertising campaign data to determine how successful the individual advertising measures are. We pursue the interest of showing you adverts that are of interest to you, making our website more interesting for you and achieving a fair calculation of advertising costs.
(2) This advertising material is provided by Google via so-called “ad servers”. Here, we use ad server cookies, which use certain parameters to measure success, such as the insertion of advertising or clicks by users. If you access our website via a Google advert, Google AdWords stores a cookie on your PC. These cookies generally become invalid after 30 days and are not used to identify you personally. The analysis results generally stored by the cookie are the unique cookie ID, the number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) as well as opt-out information (marking that the user no longer wishes to be contacted).
(3) These cookies enable Google to recognise your internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of a website of an AdWords customer and the cookie stored on the user’s computer has not yet expired, Google and the customer can identify that the user has clicked on the advert and has been redirected to this page. A different cookie is assigned to every AdWords customer. As a result, it is impossible to trace cookies via the websites of AdWords customers. Personally, we collect and process no personal data within these marketing measures. We are merely provided – by Google – with statistical analyses. We can use these analyses to identify which of the marketing measures are particularly effective. We do not receive any other data from the use of advertising, in particular we cannot identify the users based on this information.
(4) Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Google server. We have no influence over the scope and the further use of the data that are collected by Google using this tool and therefore provide information according to the information available to us: By integrating AdWords Conversion, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding part of our website or that you have clicked on our advertisement. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can assign your visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or are not logged in, it is possible for the provider to find out and store your IP address.
(5) You can prevent participation in this tracking procedure in different ways: a) by selecting the appropriate setting in your browser software, the suppression of third-party cookies in particular results in your no longer receiving advertisements from third-party providers; b) by deactivating cookies for conversion tracking by adjusting your browser settings so that cookies from the domain “www.googleadservices.com” are blocked, https://www.google.de/settings/ads, with this setting being erased when you erase your cookies; c) by deactivating the interest-related advertisements of the providers that are part of the self-regulation campaign “About Ads” via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, with this setting being erased when you erase your cookies; d) by permanently deactivating cookies in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browsers using the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
More information on data protection at Google can be found here: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Use of social media plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.
(2) We use the so-called two-click solution. This means that when you visit our website, no personal data are initially passed on to the plug-in providers. You can identify the plug-in provider by the mark on the box above the initial letter or the logo. We give you the option of communicating with the plug-in provider using the button. Only if you click on the marked field to activate it does the plug-in provider will receive the information that you accessed the relevant page of our online website. In addition, the data listed under “collection of personal data when visiting our website“ will be transmitted.
(3) According to information from the provider, for Facebook and Xing, in Germany the IP address is anonymised immediately after collection. By activating the plug-in, your personal data are transmitted to the relevant plug-in provider and stored there (in the case of US providers, in the USA). Since the plug-in provider collects data, in particular via cookies, we recommend that you erase all cookies under the security settings of your browser before clicking on the grey box.
(4) We have no influence over the collected data and data processing operations, nor do we know the full extent of the data collection, the purposes of the processing or the storage periods. We also have no information about the erasure of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
(5) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as a user profile and uses this for the purposes of marketing, market research and/or the needs-based design of its website. Such analysis is performed particularly (even for users who are not logged in) to display needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of this user profile; you must send your objection to the relevant plug-in provider in order to exercise this right. Through the plug-ins we offer you the option of interacting with the social networks and other users so that we can improve our website and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of plug-ins is point (f) of Article 6(1) sentence 1 GDPR.
(6) Data is passed on regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, your data stored with us will be assigned directly to your account with the plug-in provider. If you click the activated button and, e.g. link the page, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and publicly shares it with your contacts. We recommend regularly logging out of a social network after use, particularly before activating the button, as this allows you to avoid this information being assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider.
(7) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and their processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the following privacy policies of these providers. Here you will also find information about your related rights and settings options to protect your privacy.
Addresses of each plug-in provider and URL with their data protection information:
- a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; more information on data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications as well as http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- b) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de. Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- c) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Integration of Google Maps
(1) We use Google Maps on this website. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly on the website and facilitate your easy use of the maps function.
(2) When you visit the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the relevant subpage of our website. In addition, the data listed under “collection of personal data when visiting our website” will be transmitted. This happens regardless of whether Google provides a user account via which you are logged in, or whether there is no user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not want your data to be assigned to your Google profile, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as a user profile and uses this for the purposes of marketing, market research and/or the needs-based design of its website. Such analysis is performed particularly (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based marketing and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of this user profile; you must send your objection to Google in order to exercise this right.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and their processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the privacy policies of the provider. Here you will also find further information about your related rights and settings options to protect your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
During your visit to our website, we use the popular SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in combination with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. This is usually a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can see whether an individual page of our website is transmitted encrypted by the image of the key or the padlock shown on the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your data from accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.