EU has issued a register on nutrition and health claims for everybody to keep himself informed about such claims. Food businesses are not allowed to use rejected health claims.
The EU Register gives information on:
– Permitted and rejected health claims;
– The conditions of use and/or restrictions applying to permitted health claims;
– EU legal acts related to the specific health claims;
– National measures referred to in Art. 23(3) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006;
– Permitted nutrition claims and the conditions for their use.
Authorised health claims can be used by any food business as long as it respects the conditions of use and/or restrictions applying to the claim.